Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2009

This is it!

So, at our doctors appointment this Thursday we found out that I had made more progress, my blood pressure was still a bit high and I am retaining a lot of water so my doctor told us that it would be best if we just go ahead with things. She wanted to induce on Friday but she said we could wait until Monday if we wanted, so we decided to take the weekend to take care of last minute things and try and get some relaxing time in. I have been trying to take it easy, but I have been quite anxious for obvious reasons. I totally lost it when we left the doctors office -I am just overwhelmed with emotion and joy! Eric and I are thrilled and can't believe that we get to meet our baby girl tomorrow; we go to the Hosptial at 5:00am!
My parents are driving down tonight so they will be here, and Eric's dad will be coming through on Tuesday and his sister Debbi will be here for a few days so we are looking forward to all of the visitors. We also have a lot of close friends that are so excited to meet baby and we can't wait to see everyone!
We are just taking it easy this weekend. We were able to go out to a nice dinner by the ocean on Friday night with some friends (we might not be able to do that for awhile so we thought we would take advantage), and we made our last minute grocery store and babies r us trip and Eric was going to make me breakfast in bed this morning but I ended up getting out of bed before he could get everything done; it was still lovely! He even got me a little mothers day gift, he is the BEST!
Ahhh this is so surreal I can't even put it into words. My next posting will have pictures of our new daughter...I can't believe it. It has been a long time waiting and we couldn't be more happier. Here are a few last pics of me and the belly. She is ready!

1 comment:

Barnes Fam said...

Happy Mother's Day sweetie and we'll be praying for you! Can't wait to see an update!