Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cianna Nichole is here!

Well, we headed to the hospital bright and early on Monday morning and things got started pretty quickly. They had a bit of trouble with my IV but once they got that all figured out they started the inducing right around 6:30 am. Contractions started pretty fast and sooner than later they were getting pretty strong. I knew that I was going the epidural route at some point so I lasted about 3 hours until I was just too uncomfortable. I was not in the best laying position while I was having contractions so that did not help either...all in all yes, I took the easy way out and I don't regret one minute. Once I got the epidural I was very relieved and I even got to rest at one point; I couldn't pick up my legs but hey, things could have been worse! Things were a little slow and go for awhile. I was stuck at 4 centimeters for a good while and then the nurses worked their magic by turning me from side to side and adjusting the pitocin so my contractions were stronger and closer together. All of a sudden I was at 6 centimeters and then less than an hour later I was ready to go...I could hardly believe it!! I thought for sure I would be in labor for many more hours; I got very lucky (the hospital and nurses were amazing)! Less than 45 minutes later Cianna arrived and I cannot even explain in words all of the emotions and feelings that went through my mind and still are today! She weighed 6lbs 13 ounces 17 1/2 inches and arrived at 5:49pm.
Eric was sooo amazing and sooo attentive. He waited on me hand and foot and was there with me every step of the way...I don't know what I would have done without him. My entire family was at the hospital as well and it meant the world to me. Some of our friends in the area were able to visit as well so that was also really great.
We are home now and everything is going alright. We are just adjusting and learning together… We just adore our little Cianna and can't wait to share her with the world. Thanks to everyone's phone calls, messages, love and support. We feel very blessed.


Proud Grandma Bonelli

Proud Uncle Tony

Proud Grandpa

Our Family of 3

Nursery Pic

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Congratulations! Cianna is cute as a button! Welcome to the family, little one! Good work, Adrian and Eric. I hope we can see her soon...

Love Rachelle and Ethan

The Kerns Family said...

Congrats!!!! She is beautiful!

cassie said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous daughter! What a great name!!
Cassie Palla-Schnell

Barnes Fam said...

She's beautiful and so is her name!! Congrats!