Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Baby Shower

This weekend flew by like all of the others but it was a very special one. I headed up to Calabasas on Friday to spend the day with my mom and help her get ready for the baby shower she was preparing for me. I treated us to a bit of pampering in the middle of all of our last minute running around which was very well deserved! We were also able to catch some dinner before we had to get home to put a few last things together.
Saturday morning I got up and went to see my friend Alex at her hair salon. I thought it would be nice to have pretty hair for my baby shower and I knew Alex would do a great job which she did! It was really great to see her and catch up. After I got my hair done I headed home and helped my mom set up and we got the tables ready, etc. My mom worked very hard on putting this shower together for me and everything turned out absolutely amazing. She didn't miss one detail and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful mother. Baby girl is also lucky to have such a wonderful and loving grandma to be.

My mom and I had fun putting the flower arrangements together.

The beautiful table set up....

My moms delicicous cupcakes and my aunts signature strawberries...yum!

A mixture of my family, some of my moms friends and two of my very close girlfriends attended the shower. I felt very special to be surrounded by so many wonderful people on such a special day. I received many great things for baby including many handmade, personalized items (blankets, keepsakes, quilts, and more). My mom also gifted certain baby clothes that I had worn as a baby that had been made by my grandmas and my aunt Karen. I have no idea how she kept them in such great condition but I am so glad that she did. My mom made a beautiful sheet for the basinet along with the most adorable quilt so now the basinet is complete and looks so cute. My moms quilting class has definitely been to my advantage! I don't have a lot of pictures so I am hoping my grandma sends me some so I can post a picture of the beautiful blanket and little hat she made for the baby. I have a lot to put away and organize but I will probably wait to do most of that once I am off on maternity leave. All in all it was a wonderful day and I could not have been any happier. Thanks again mom for a beautiful baby shower...I love you very much.

My two wonderful girlfriends...Jamie thought she would imitate me, funny!

The basinet, great job mom!

Eric and I are happy to announce that our beautiful nephew Samuel James Cannon, entered the world on Saturday. Baby and family are doing very well and I just got to see a few more pictures of him and he is a definite cutie. Samuel and our baby girl will be so close in age so that will be a lot of fun. We can't wait to meet him. Congratulations Edward and Laura.

Now, Eric and I are settling in from the busy weekend and getting ready for a long week ahead. Eric, my dad, my brother and some friends were all in Laughlin for a boys weekend so now it is back to the grind. The house is a bit of a mess and Eric will start putting the new base boards in this week since the tile is all done so lots to do! We also have another doctors appointment on Tuesday so I will keep you posted. More pictures of the tile project were requested so here are a few more.

1 comment:

Coldani Family said...

looks like a beautiful time!!