Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year/Nursery Update

Well, this week was a productive one that is for sure! I had to go to work Monday-Wednesday this week but Eric was lucky enough to have the entire week off so he took advantage of his time! He set forth on a mission and started preparations for the nursery. In the beginning of the week he cleared everthing out of the room and then got the room ready for painting!
Tuesday night we got together with our friends Eric and Lauren, Mike and Melinda, and Peter for a delicious dinner because we would not be seeing all of them for New Years. So, we thought we would all hang out together for a nice dinner and awesome dessert prepared by Mike before the year ended.
New Years Eve we headed up to Temecula to spend the evening with our friends Eric and Lauren. Our night was pretty mellow for obvious reasons of course. We had a great dinner at BJ's and then headed back to their house for fun and games! And yes, I made sure to stay up until 12:00AM.... The first thought that Eric and I had when the ball dropped was that we will be having a precious baby girl this year and we can't wait! We are so lucky!!!

New Years Eve

Tobin always has to be in the mix!

For the remainder of the week Eric and I just enjoyed our time off together and worked on the nursery. The crib bedding came on Friday so we were able to go and pick out the paint colors for the room. We decided on pink and brown and I have to say that the results are pretty awesome. We also found a glider rocking chair on craigslist for a really great price so we were able to pick that up this week as well. Eric also put up a chair rail in the nursery and he did an awesome job on that too! Eric really worked hard all week long so I was a good sport and joined him at our local hang out to watch the Chargers game with him on Saturday night. The game was so exciting that I even stayed for the entire game. Go CHARGERS!!!

Yeah Chargers!

Today we were able to set up the furniture in the nursery and everything is coming together very well. We just need to paint the chair rail and do some touching up and we will be all set. Eric was also able to repaint the the cradle that has been in my family for over 30 years. My brother and I and many cousins of ours used this cradle and everyones name is written on the bottom so it is very special.



I am feeling really great as I approach 22 weeks and I do not have too many complaints thus far. I started feeling the baby move this past week so that has been pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Coldani Family said...

WOW nice work guys!! You got so much done!! You are WAY ahead of schedule, but it goes by fast. Nice work!!