Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Celebrations!

Eric, Tobin and I headed up to Calabasas this past Tuesday night to spend the holiday with my family. Wednesday afternoon my mom treated me to a pregnancy massage so the both of us headed off to the spa and we both enjoyed our time there very much! Wednesday night we had our traditonal Christmas Eve dinner at home. My mom always cooks a delicious meal and my grandma comes over every year on Christmas Eve for an evening of good food, family time and movie watching.

Thursday morning we all got up and gathered around the Christmas Tree to open presents. I got a new camera from Eric and a beautiful jewelry chest from my parents. Baby also got some very cute clothes from grandma and grandpa to be. Eric enjoyed all of his gifts as well.

I got a calendar to keep track of everything that baby does

I made a collage of our Wedding for Tony

We headed over to my grandparents house for brunch and after our visit there, we headed to my aunt and uncles house for dinner. We had a really nice time visiting with everyone and we even got a couple games of Apples to Apples in! I think the question of the day was "do you have any names picked out yet for baby.?" Although we do not really have a name picked out yet, when we do have one, we plan on keeping it a secret. I know it will be a hard secret to keep but it will keep things exciting!

My cousin Olivia and I on Christmas

My Dad and I on Christmas

My Mom and I on Christmas

Friday the boys went golfing so my mom and I had a nice lunch together and spent most of the day shopping for baby bedding and I finally picked one out! I am very excited to get it because once it comes we can pick out the paint and start decorating the nursery. Friday night we headed over to our family friends house (the Dwight's) for dinner and game night. This is also one of our traditions that we have kept up for some time now. We played Pictionary (girls against boys) and the girls kicked butt! I do have to say that my drawing skills were really not all that bad this year.

Saturday while the boys went trap shooting I headed out to Santa Monica to meet up with my friend Julie to do some more Wedding dress shopping with her. She is having a bit of a difficult time choosing a dress because she has her eye on more than one and they both look great on her! I think she has one more place to go and then I think she will be able to pick one. Good luck Julie! Saturday evening my family, Eric and I all went out to a nice dinner and came back to the house to watch a movie. We had planned on going out to see a movie but we were all pretty exhausted from the weeks festivities so we decided to stay in and relaxed around a nice fire that my dad so generously started for us. I think we bugged him all week and he finally gave in.

Sunday morning we had a yummy breakfast prepared by my mom, and Eric packed up the truck and we were on the road by about 10:30am and headed back to San Diego. We got home and quickly unpacked the car so we would have to time to go and visit with our friends Brooke and Andrew and their new baby girl Alivia. It was really fun meeting Alivia...crazy to think that we will have one of our own in just 4 1/2 months. Time is flying by! Alright, I am off to relax and watch the Chargers game with the hubby. Happy New Year!!

Tony and I on Christmas

Eric and I at my aunt and uncles house on Christmas

2 comments:

Coldani Family said...

Just got Apples to Apples for Christmas, glad to see its a good one. Looks like a nice Christmas with the fam!

The Cannon Family said...

Oooh, a pregnancy massage! I want one too! And not from the inside with the baby kicking me! ;)

Please post or send me a pic of the bedding and the room color so that I can start working on a quilt/blanket/whatever, as Eric requested!

Love ya!