Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hanging Around Home

Well, the past 2 weekends we have been home. We have kept pretty busy but unfortunately not a lot of picture taking has been going on.

A couple weeks ago Eric and I went out to a movie and dinner and had a little date night. We try and have "us" time every now and then- keeps us sane I guess...haha. We saw Footloose and it was actually pretty cute and then we tried a new restaurant that we had gotten a living social for. The restaurant is called Bernard O and it was so-so- probably won't be going back in the near future but worth the coupon!

I was also able to get a work out in and then Eric has been training for his bike ride that is next weekend so he went out on a long ride while Cianna and I spent the morning together. I think we went to the car wash and had donuts and then we probably went to Target.

This past weekend was mellow as well. We all went out to dinner on Friday night and then Saturday while Eric went on his bike ride Cianna and I went out for bagels and Jamba Juice (yum- yum) and yes, another Target trip. Now that our Target has a full grocery section it is kind of nice.

On Sunday morning I had to come into work for about an hour to check on a group so Eric and Cianna decided to come with me so we could go to breakfast afterwards. On of of Eric's bike rides he found this very cool breakfast spot called the Potato Shack in Encinitas and it was great. The server even brought a big Mr. Potato Head to the table for Cianna to play with- she loved it.


After breakfast we headed home for nap time and then later that afternoon we decided to take a drive to Julian. We hadn't been in awhile and thought it would be nice to take a drive and have some delicious pie so....we did!
My dutch carmel apple pie- was to die for!

Cianna was being silly while we waited for our pie

This week is spirit week at Cianna's Preschool and there is a different theme each day and we have been having a lot of fun with it. I will post all of the daily pics in next weeks blog. We are looking forward to Halloween!!

Other Stuff:
Last week Cianna really didn't want Eric to leave for work- it was really sweet. From time to time she really doesn't like to see him go in the morning...

Cianna has started potty training (thanks to her Preschool) and the first couple of days were off to a great start and then she decided to take a break for a few days for whatever reason and then, now we are back at it and our hope is to stick with it this time. I took her to school today in her big girl princess undies so we will see how it went. It would be nice to some time without dealing with diapers before the new baby comes :).

She is still loving Preschool. She talks about all of her friends and what she does everyday and we really enjoy all of the art work that she brings home. My favorite is when I catch her singing the ABC's, or Twinkle Twinkle, or Wheels on the Bus or when all of a sudden she is counting from 1 to 15! She also loves to read to us and to her babies. Oh I almost forgot to mention-- she has been REALLY into changing her baby these days- I am hoping she will still be into it when I really need some help :).


I am very aware that I haven't posted any belly shots and I am almost 16 weeks now- terrible. So, I will get on that very soon!

No comments: