Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 9, 2010

Parents Visit and Toby Keith!

Since my family was already in town watching Cianna while Eric and I were out of town last weekend, they decided to stay for a few more days to hang out and it was really nice to have them around.

On Monday we went to the Broken Yolk for a late lunch and then we headed over to my parents hotel to get them checked in, etc. We kind of just layed low and hung out in the room for awhile and then ended up going on a walk along the bay. We found a little park on the way so Cianna played for awhile. Too bad she didn't want to get back in the stroller though- all she wanted to do was push it :).

Cianna was sporting her sunglasses with Daddy before lunch

Cianna goofing around at the hotel



Tuesday, Eric took the day off so we could all hang out and have a beach day. Well, it was more of a bay day but it was great. Cianna had a great time playing in the water and in the sand, and Eric and I were able to sneak away for a quick lunch while my mom played with Cianna on the boardwalk. Cianna has this little obsession with her baby doll and pushing the stroller- it kept her very entertained and at one point we actually had to hide the stroller...hehe.





My Dad and Tony were enjoying the sand toys too!

Grandma- Cianna time

A little pool time after we were done down at the bay


The boys went to go pick up some yummy BBQ take out while we finished up at the pool and went back to the room to give Cianna a bath. I knew she would be falling asleep on the way home so we got her all ready for bed before we left. Dinner was great and we hung around until Cianna was worn out. It was a fun day!

On Wednesday Eric headed back to work :( but the fam and I managed to spend our time well. We decided to head out to the Carlsbad Outlets and I think we did our job there. My mom got a great new Dooney and Burke purse, my parents treated me to a very nice Coach diaper bag, and I believe a few other things were purchased as well.

There she is again pushing the stroller

Cianna touching the water in the fountain

Me with my girl

And....the stroller again

Having a little snack with Uncle Tony

Cianna did a little shopping too!

After our shopping trip we picked up dinner at BJ's and headed home to watch the Dodger/Padres game- another fun day!!
Thursday morning I had breakfast with my fam before they took off- we already miss them.

Saturday I had some things to do so Eric felt like taking Cianna somewhere to play. They went to Scripps Aquarium and he said they enjoyed it. Cianna loved seeing all of the fish and playing around the seahorse exhibit...good father/daughter time!!


Saturday night I went to the Toby Keith concert with a few of the girls. Despite the few crazies we encountered, we had a pretty good time. It was nice to get out with the girls for an evening.

Halya, Melinda, Me and Jess

Me and Jess

On Sunday we went over to our friend Peter's house for a little BBQ to celebrate his birthday. It was great to see everyone and Cianna had her fun too of course!

Happy Birthday Peter!

Cianna having her fun

Baby Melia Huntoon

Daddy and Cianna

Baby Brett Henderson

Cianna can't wait to be able to play with Brett and Melia :)- won't be long!

Well that was a busy week! Cianna has her 15 month check up on Thursday so I will have an update along with what she has been up to next week

No comments: