Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend and Visitors!

This weekend we were lucky to spend Valentine's Day with some good friends and family. Eric's friend Kevin and his now fiance (he proposed on Valentines' Day), arrived into town on Friday night. We were able to meet up with them and have a really nice dinner at the Boathouse on Shelter Island by the water. It was really hard for Eric and I to get through dinner without spilling the news. Thankfully Kevin popped the question early Saturday so we were able to share the excitement with them- we wish them the very best and it looks like they might be my first prospective clients (they need a wedding coordinator)!
Eric and I spent the morning together and he made me breakfast. He even surprised me with flowers (we promised we were not exchanging gifts this year...haha). Saturday afternoon my parents arrived into town and we were excited to show them in person what we have done to the nursery so far. We finally purchased a matress so my mom was kind enough to help me put the rest of the crib together; dust ruffle and all! Things are definitely coming together and the room is starting to look more and more like a nursery. My brother even chipped in...I think uncle is getting excited.


Saturday evening we all headed to La Jolla for dinner and after dinner we went to the Comedy Store to see a show. All of the comedians were pretty good and we had a great time. I was pooped by 11:00pm so we headed home and called it a night.


Sunday morning we met in La Jolla with my family for a late breakfast so we could spend some more time together before they headed home. It was a really nice weekend....
The weeks are moving along quickly and it is hard to believe that I am going on 28 weeks and we have under 100 days to go! We had a doctors appointment this week and everything is going very well. One of my blood tests had shown that my blood sugar was too high but I had to retake the test and I passed with flying colors so that was a huge relief. My doctor told us that after next months appointment in March, we will then start to see her every 2 weeks. Eric and I immediately looked at each other and were like "whoa, ok baby girl will be here very soon". We also start our birthing class next month so we are looking forward to that as well. We are getting very anxious!

1 comment:

Coldani Family said...

Looks like a great weekend! Room looks like its coming along. Are those paper lanterns I see, LOVE them!!