We arrived to the hospital at 7:00am and got all settled and shortly after, the nurse manager came to our room and told us that they wouldn’t be able to perform my induction because they were too full. Eric and I were devastated especially because we had everything planned to have the baby that day, family here, etc. Anyway, the nurse manager told me to call the hospital in a couple hours to check in to see if anything opens up…long story short, they ended up calling us and we were back in by 12:30pm. I was soooo relieved.
Here I am all ready to go.
By 1:30pm, I was all hooked up and things were under way. A little slow going in the beginning until my doctor came in a broke my water- then things started to progress a little faster. I got my epidural after experiencing 3 ½ hours of contractions so that was a relief and I was able to relax a little bit. I also had all of my family surrounded by me which was great! Once I was at 4cm I was at 6cm, then 8cm then I was ready- it seemed to go really fast. Very shortly after our little girl arrived- nobody said right away if Caitlyn was a boy or girl and one of the nurses referred to her as a “him”, so, I said, wait “him”? The nurse said oh wait, no it’s a GIRL!! I was shocked this was my reaction!!
We were thrilled and sooo happy. Good thing we had decided to discuss middle names while we were waiting for Caitlyn’s arrival- haha. We decided on Rose, (after my Grandma Rosemary)
Love baby feet!
Family Picture
Papa and Uncle Tony
Grandma
Caitlyn Rose
Cianna loved meeting her little sister, she was really sweet with her
Aunt Debbi
Auntie Melinda
We are all adjusting very well and are truly enjoying being parents for the second time. We can't wait for everyone to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment