Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 6, 2010

Family Changes, Beach Time and Padres Game!

Well, this was quite the weekend for me. I have been casually looking for a new job over the past several months and over the past week I was interviewing with the Hilton Del Mar Hotel for the Convention Services Manager position. I didn't get my hopes up too high as this process has been very wearing and difficult due to the amount of people out there looking for a job these days. Anyway, long story short- the interview process went great and I was offered the job on Thursday. After a little negotiating I accepted the job on Friday and I start next Monday! I will be handling and detailing all of the conventions that the sales office books so it should keep me pretty busy. It is a full time position so Cianna will be going to daycare (which we nailed down on Sunday) so the Dean Family will be experiencing a few changes around here :). I am obviously filled with excitement and a mix of emotions but it all feels right and I think it is going to be great for all of us. I will be sure to keep you posted.

On Saturday our friend's Corey and Kerran invited us to join them at their camp site in Carlsbad for some beach time and dinner. Corey told us before we left our house that it was overcast and a little chilly, but shortly after we got arrived in Carlsbad around 3:30pm the sun popped out and it was quite nice, but we were a little un prepared.

Didn't even bring a suit for Cianna because we thought it was going to be cold...

Of course, all Cianna wanted to do was run into the ocean and get wet. Meanwhile I was in jeans, so those got rolled up real quick :). We had a great time visiting- the beach was great, the carne asada tacos were awesome and it was so fun to hang out with our friends.

On Sunday we headed downtown to go to our first Padres game of the season. We decided to just get some lawn seats since we knew Cianna would want to run around. She did sleep through the first couple of innings but when she woke up she was a happy girl! We all really enjoyed our day at Petco and will definitely have to do it again soon.

Yep, she means business!















After the game we made a little visit to see our friend's Barbara and Greg since it had been awhile. It was great to see them as always :)

This morning we all went to stroller strides together. Being the holiday, stroller strides encourages any family and friends to come along if they want. Eric has been once before and I think he was a bit hesitant to come today, but he was a good sport and joined us. It was nice to get a work out in since we have been enjoying wonderful food all weekend. Since our weekend was pretty full, we ended up just hanging at the house today and Eric BBQ'd for dinner. It was a great weekend!

No comments: